Why did we create the Qred VISA that works like a bank card?
"Since we launched in 2015, we have helped more than 25,000 companies. Our goal is to constantly develop ourselves and our business to continue to strengthen our offering to help more businesses. Through the Visa membership, our product portfolio can be further broadened to fit our customers' everyday needs," says Emil Sunvisson, CEO of Qred."
The bank card is a credit - if you want to use it!
The reason why it is so difficult for small businesses to get a business card with credit is that banks do not want to give credit to small businesses. And our business card is a credit. It's as simple as that. The big banks want to make money on fees and not have to take risks. Unfortunately, the risks are highest when companies are at their lowest or are start-ups. That's why the type of company can be a decisive factor.
Remember never to spend money that you are not sure you will have in the future, it is better to save.
Debit cards are really the first solution for BNPL - Buy Now, Pay Later
It is only in recent years that people have started talking about BNPL, but credit cards from the bank were actually the first solution for Buy Now, Pay Later. As early as 1914 in the United States, the first version of the credit card saw the light of day.
Solve expense management with Qred
With the Qred card, you can manage your purchases in a simple way. Save physical receipts digitally directly in the app for easier bookkeeping.
- Collects all expenses in one place.
- The feature is free and included in our app.
- You can scan receipts and create digital copies.
- Reduces the risk of error.
- Digital receipts make it easier to manage and file expenses.
- You save time and money.
- Don't worry about losing receipts.
- Gives you easy-to-use monthly reports of your purchases that you can easily add to your accounting.
- It's free - the feature comes automatically with your Qred Visa!
Why should I have a company bank card?
Because it's already hard as it is to keep the private and the company apart. Expenses, posting, invoices and more dissolve the boundaries between work and your private finances.
It doesn't have to be that way.
With a debit card, you can keep track of your spending and make those small investments to grow today - and pay later. A common example is a freelancer who is going to photograph or film a wedding and needs a certain piece of equipment. Instead of not being able to take the assignment, risking the outcome of the completed assignment or in the worst case renting the equipment, this way you can buy the equipment and do what you do best - work.
The difference between Visa and Mastercard?
General differences between Visa and Mastercard are:
- Mastercard has slightly better international coverage and is accepted by more merchants than Visa. Although this figure doesn't affect you as a business owner in Sweden, as virtually everyone who accepts card payments in Sweden accepts Visa.
- Visa prohibits merchants from charging an additional fee for purchases made with a Visa card. This is common practice for American Express and Diners cards in Sweden, where some merchants have decided to charge an additional fee for purchases made with these cards.
- Mastercard has a slightly better exchange rate than Visa. However, it is so marginal that it is more important for you as a cardholder to keep track of the currency surcharge that the card institution or bank imposes.
- Visa also prohibits merchants from having a minimum amount for card purchases, which could affect kiosks, supermarkets and other businesses where you can buy cheap products.
In addition, Qred does not have an additional fee for purchases abroad.
What is the interest rate on the bank card (even though it is not a bank card)?
If your company pays the bill on time, there is no interest at all. However, if you are unable to pay on time, or choose to defer the bill, you will start paying interest on that amount. The interest rate is individual for each company and starts at 1.95%.
Debit cards are usually used for smaller amounts, such as the purchase of small equipment like cameras, tools, office supplies, etc. Another common use is for recurring expenses that require a linked card. This can include digital services and tools, marketing costs for Facebook Ads or Google Ads.
Business loans are a common alternative and complement to business cards
If you don't make purchases related to your business very often, but still need smaller amounts to invest in things, a business loan can be a good option. At Qred, we offer business loans from SEK 10,000 up to SEK 2 million.
It is also common to have a business card for everyday expenses and a loan to invest in inventory, marketing or to cover cash flow during a temporary downturn.
Try us out! It's completely free!
You read that right. You can actually test the business card for free. It costs nothing to apply or to get the card in your mailbox.
There is also no extra charge for paying with the card. The only cost is if you choose to use the credit linked to the card.
However, if you pay your bill on time every month, there is no extra charge. Just as if you had a regular debit card where the money is withdrawn from an account.